Family law is a broad range of legal topics involving family relationships such as marriage and children. The subjects are broad so you will need lawyers to deal with any case related to family law. The subjects of family law include divorce, bola 88, child custody and visitation rights, spousal support/alimony, child support payments, etc. There is also family law that deals with children specifically such as guardianship, adoption, domestic violence, state child protection, etc.
It is not impossible for you to get involved in family law matters. Attorneys are the right person you need to go to when you have to deal with family law matters. They are knowledgeable because they attend law schools and they also have license and are qualified to represent client in legal courts.
Various Family Cases
Family case is a typical civil case. It generally involves issues concerning or between children, parents, or spouses. There are varieties of cases handled by the court regarding to domestic matters. Here are examples of cases included into family law:
- Guardianship is a case of family law involving how to determine who will be responsible for the medical, personal, and financial decisions over a child or an adult who cannot care for themselves.
- Paternity and child custody is a case when one wants to be declared as the father of a child. It applies to either parent so they can file a case to determine legal paternity to the family court. This is one of the most common cases in family law matters.
- Marriage dissolution is also one of the most common family law cases. It is a case when someone wants to end the marriage. Thus, they can file a case at family court to ask for a court order ending the marriage. In this case, there is what it’s called divorce and annulment.
- Name change is also part of family law case. Those who want to legally change their name through a name change case at family court can file a case.
- Emancipation is a case when someone who is still underage wish to be legally free from the control of their parents. Thus, they can submit a petition for the approval at family court.
- Domestic violence which results in protection orders is a case when someone who is claimed as the victim of domestic violence has right to ask the family court to issue protection orders against the abusers. Every victim of the domestic violence have right to ask for protection.